- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited college or five to seven years experience directly related to the responsibilities noted above and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years experience in working with PC based accounting software, preferably Accufund or other governmental accounting software
- Detail oriented, familiarity with internal controls and documentation needs
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios to practical solutions.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Skill in solving practical problems and dealing with situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of general business administration including personnel practices and employment laws, general accounting practices, internal control practices.(GAAP/GASB)
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Employment is contingent upon a favorable outcome of a background investigation and drug screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently involves sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Occasionally involves light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force and/or up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force to move objects.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Requires the ability to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication.
Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian candidates, in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 & 473).
In other than the above, Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate in employment decisions base on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ag, disability or sexual orientation.
Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state is infrequently required. Typical travel time is generally less than a week.